CarolinaBBQTalk.com Forum
CarolinaBBQTalk.com Forum

Forum for Carolina Barbecue professionals and cooking teams.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
  • » Vesak Day Tournament @ AGC , Friday, 24th May 2013
  • » July, 3025
  • » Class / Breed
  • » Miami Dolphins Alumni Update: July 2011
  • » I was reading Ouran during class the other day.
  • » brazzers.com ps3 Free Premium Membership Accounts July 12 - 100% Working
  • » Saint Seiya Online class and skills
  • » Airship pilot class for Pathfinder campaigns!
  • » Destinasi Badget Gombakrianz® #24 - Lata Lembik Raub,Pahang - 26 July 2009
  • » 10/27 @ Now That's Class: Born Wrong, Fuck You Pay Me, Harvey Pekar, TBA
  • Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Latest topics
    » SolidCAM v2013 SP6 HF3
    Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:02 pm by EDAcae2

» FFT Actran 2013 v14.0 Win 32&64bit
    Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:57 pm by EDAcae2

» Elite Software Chvac v8.0 Win
    Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:53 pm by EDAcae2

» ESI SYSWORLD 2014 v16.0 Win
    Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:49 pm by EDAcae2

» Delcross Savant 4.0 Win
    Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:45 pm by EDAcae2

» Cadence Forte Cynthesizer 5.0.0.8 Linux
    Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:41 pm by EDAcae2

» Cadence Encounter Digital Implementation System(EDI) 14.0...
    Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:35 pm by EDAcae2

» COADE CAESAR II 2014 v7.0 Win
    Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:30 pm by EDAcae2

» CEDRAT Motor-CAD 7.4.7 Win
    Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:26 pm by EDAcae2

Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search
    Share | 

Greenwood BBQ Class Friday, July 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
    Go to page : 1, 2  Next
    AuthorMessage
    jcbarrin

PostSubject: Greenwood BBQ Class Friday, July 3   Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:20 am

We are pleased to announce a new event for 2009….

The Art of Barbeque Presented by Greenwood’s own Carolina Pride
    Friday, July 3 5:30 PM
    Arts and Visitors Center at the Federal Building (120 Main Street Greenwood, SC)
    BBQ Cooking School featuring pit master Charles Fretwell of Boiling Springs, SC
    Entry Fee - $50
    Charles Fretwell, of BS Pitmeister cook team, has won over 200 top ten awards including 22 grand and 15 reserve grand champion placements and 4 top five awards at the prestigious Jack Daniels Invitational BBQ Cook-off. If you are a serious backyard cook….want to learn a little about competitive BBQ…THIS CLASS IS FOR YOU!
    Entry fee includes meal.
    Tentative class schedule:
    5:30 - 5:40 Introductions and thanks.
    5:40 - 6:00 Rib preparation and cooking tips, Q & A time, brief bbq history.
    6:00 - 6:30 Chicken preparation and cooking tips, Q &A time.
    6:30 -7:00 Boston Butt preparation and cooking tips with an explanation of bbq seasonings. Q & A time.
    7:00 - 7:25 Beef Brisket preparation and cooking. Q & A time.
    7:25 - 7:30 Conclusion and final thoughts.
    7:30 til Dinner with Q & A time.

Entry Form - http://www.uptowngreenwood.com/client_resources/events/discovery/09_cooking_class_application.pdf
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    BareBonzBBQ

PostSubject: Re: Greenwood BBQ Class Friday, July 3   Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:46 pm

That's awesome and a great deal!!!
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    Finney

PostSubject: Re: Greenwood BBQ Class Friday, July 3   Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:16 am

Sure is. Wish it was closer, I would definately attend. Still might.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    Jack W

PostSubject: Re: Greenwood BBQ Class Friday, July 3   Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:30 am

That would be a great class to attend. It would be some great insight into a great cook. Sure would make for a BBQ July. Three trips to the upstate and a trip to Columbia...all four weekends BBQ. Ole Blue Eyes might not buy that one...

Good Q!

Jack
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    BigGQ

PostSubject: Re: Greenwood BBQ Class Friday, July 3   Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:03 am

!@#$* Charles! Why its have to be on July 3rd?! Surprised The wife and I already have commitments for the Independence Day weekend. Can somebody shot a video, documentary, or something? I reaaly hate we cannot attend. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    Charles in SC

PostSubject: Re: Greenwood BBQ Class Friday, July 3   Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:09 pm

Jack W wrote:
    That would be a great class to attend. It would be some great insight into a great cook. Sure would make for a BBQ July. Three trips to the upstate and a trip to Columbia...all four weekends BBQ. Ole Blue Eyes might not buy that one...

Good Q!

Jack

Hey Jack, maybe you should bring Young Blue Eyes with you.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    jcbarrin

PostSubject: Re: Greenwood BBQ Class Friday, July 3   Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:59 pm

Friends -

We're receiving numbers of entries daily for the cooking class Friday, July 3....if you plan to take the class...better get your application in ASAP. We're looking at cutting it off at 50.

CB

jcbarrin wrote:
    We are pleased to announce a new event for 2009….

The Art of Barbeque Presented by Greenwood’s own Carolina Pride
    Friday, July 3 5:30 PM
    Arts and Visitors Center at the Federal Building (120 Main Street Greenwood, SC)
    BBQ Cooking School featuring pit master Charles Fretwell of Boiling Springs, SC
    Entry Fee - $50
    Charles Fretwell, of BS Pitmeister cook team, has won over 200 top ten awards including 22 grand and 15 reserve grand champion placements and 4 top five awards at the prestigious Jack Daniels Invitational BBQ Cook-off. If you are a serious backyard cook….want to learn a little about competitive BBQ…THIS CLASS IS FOR YOU!
    Entry fee includes meal.
    Tentative class schedule:
    5:30 - 5:40 Introductions and thanks.
    5:40 - 6:00 Rib preparation and cooking tips, Q & A time, brief bbq history.
    6:00 - 6:30 Chicken preparation and cooking tips, Q &A time.
    6:30 -7:00 Boston Butt preparation and cooking tips with an explanation of bbq seasonings. Q & A time.
    7:00 - 7:25 Beef Brisket preparation and cooking. Q & A time.
    7:25 - 7:30 Conclusion and final thoughts.
    7:30 til Dinner with Q & A time.

Entry Form - http://www.uptowngreenwood.com/client_resources/events/discovery/09_cooking_class_application.pdf
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    Charles in SC

PostSubject: Re: Greenwood BBQ Class Friday, July 3   Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:10 pm

Thanks for posting that Charlie, I gave out several entry forms to folks last weekend that gave a verbal commitment although they may reconsider after the way I scored at Tryon.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    jcbarrin

PostSubject: Re: Greenwood BBQ Class Friday, July 3   Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:59 pm

Last call for the que class July 3 in Greenwood hosted by the forum's own Charles Fretwell of BS Pitmeister. Extended cut off is tomorrow. Received 5 applications in the mail today...this is going to be fun!

More info at http://www.uptowngreenwood.com/ArtofBarbeque.aspx
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    DDHOOK

PostSubject: Re: Greenwood BBQ Class Friday, July 3   Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:21 am

THAT FIGURES I FINALLY GET HOME TO FIND THAT I AM A DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT ON ANOTHER CLASS. WELL IM HOME NOW FOR GOOD SO MAYBE I CAN GET INVOLVED
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    mrpar101

PostSubject: Re: Greenwood BBQ Class Friday, July 3   Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:10 pm

Can you pay at the door? I just learned I will be in Greenwood on Friday anyways. PLease let me know.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    mrpar101

PostSubject: Re: Greenwood BBQ Class Friday, July 3   Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:33 pm

just faxed my application moments ago. the fax line is 864-953-2469, if anyone needs it.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    jcbarrin

PostSubject: Re: Greenwood BBQ Class Friday, July 3   Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:28 pm

If you faxed it in...and pay at the door...you should be fine...we're just trying to have a hard number of plan/buy for TODAY! Thanks...

cb

mrpar101 wrote:
    just faxed my application moments ago. the fax line is 864-953-2469, if anyone needs it.
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    Charles in SC

PostSubject: Re: Greenwood BBQ Class Friday, July 3   Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:04 pm

Do not let that deadline scare you, you will be welcome at the door. I just needed a rough head count so I will know how much supplies, handout, and food, etc are needed. This is going to be a very intensive knowledge packed couple of hours. We will be inside in a classroom setting mostly and will cover the four main KCBS meats (chicken, ribs, boston butt, brisket) plus some things that are focused on the backyarder.
    I look forward to seeing everyone!
    Charles Fretwell
    Back to top Go down
    View user profile
    Pickin P

PostSubject: Re: Greenwood BBQ Class Friday, July 3   Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:16 pm

To get ANYTHING out of Charles is worth the money and it don't happen often. You folks get your money in and take advantage of the situation!
    Back to top Go down

Greenwood BBQ Class Friday, July 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
    Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next